Main Article Content
The problem of segmenting the cross-section through the longissimus muscle in beef carcasses with computer vision methods was investigated. The available data were 111 images of cross-sections coming from 28 cows (typically four images per cow). Training data were the pixels of the muscles, marked manually. The AlexNet deep convolutional neural network was used as the classifier, and single pixels were the classified objects. Each pixel was presented to the network together with its small circular neighbourhood, and with its context represented by the further neighbourhood, darkened by halving the image intensity. The average classification accuracy was 96%. The accuracy without darkening the context was found to be smaller, with a small but statistically significant difference. The segmentation of the longissimus muscle is the introductory stage for the next steps of assessing the quality of beef for the alimentary purposes.
S. Agustin and R. Dijaya. Beef image classification using k-nearest neighbor algorithm for identification quality and freshness. Journal of Physics: Conference Series, 1179:012184, July 2019. https://doi.org/10.1088/1742-6596/1179/1/012184. (Crossref)
M. Al-Sarayreh, M. M. Reis, W. Q. Yan, and R. Klette. Detection of red-meat adulteration by deep spectral-spatial features in hyperspectral images. Journal of Imaging, 4(5), 2018. https://doi.org/10.3390/jimaging4050063. (Crossref)
A. E. Andaya, E. R. Arboleda, A. A. Andilab, and R. M. Dellosa. Meat marbling scoring using image processing with fuzzy logic based classifier. Int. J. of Scientific & Technology Research, 8(8):1442–1445, Feb. 2018. http://www.ijstr.org/research-paper-publishing.php?month=aug2019.
D. F. Barbin, S. M. Mastelini, S. Barbon, G. F. C. Campos, A. P. A. C. Barbon, and M. Shimokomaki. Digital image analyses as an alternative tool for chicken quality assessment. Biosystems Engineering, 144:85–93, 2016. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.biosystemseng.2016.01.015. (Crossref)
C.-J. Du, A. Iqbal, and D.-W. Sun. Quality measurement of cooked meats. In D.-W. Sun, editor, Computer Vision Technology for Food Quality Evaluation (Second Edition), chapter 8, pages 195–212. Academic Press, San Diego, second edition, 2016. https://doi.org/10.1016/B978-0-12-802232-0.00008-6. (Crossref)
R. J. S. De Guzman, D. N. N. Niro, and A. C. F. Bueno. Pork quality assessment through image segmentation and support vector machine implementation. Journal of Technology Management and Business, 5(2), Feb. 2018. https://publisher.uthm.edu.my/ojs/index.php/jtmb/article/view/2261. (Crossref)
P. Jackman, D.-W. Sun, and P. Allen. Automatic segmentation of beef longissimus dorsi muscle and marbling by an adaptable algorithm. Meat Science, 83(2):187–194, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.meatsci.2009.03.010. (Crossref)
I. Muñoz, P. Gou, and E. Fulladosa. Computer image analysis for intramuscular fat segmentation in dry-cured ham slices using convolutional neural networks. Food Control, 106:106693, 2019. https://doi.org/doi.org/10.1016/j.foodcont.2019.06.019. (Crossref)
X. Sun, J. Young, J. H. Liu, L Bachmeier, R. M. Somers, K. J. Chen, and D. Newman. Prediction of pork color attributes using computer vision system. Meat Science, 113:62–64, 2016. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.meatsci.2015.11.009. (Crossref)
A. Taheri-Garavand, S. Fatahi, M. Omid, and Y. Makino. Meat quality evaluation based on computer vision technique: A review. Meat Science, 156:183–195, 2019. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.meatsci.2019.06.002. (Crossref)
- Marcin Bator, Maciej Pankiewicz, Image annotating tools for agricultural purpose - A requirements study , Machine Graphics and Vision: Vol. 28 No. 1/4 (2019)
- Marcin Bator, Katarzyna Śmietańska, Constraint-based algorithm to estimate the line of a milling edge , Machine Graphics and Vision: Vol. 28 No. 1/4 (2019)
You may also start an advanced similarity search for this article.
- Leszek Chmielewski, Arkadiusz Orłowski, Hough transform for lines with slope defined by a pair of co-primes , Machine Graphics and Vision: Vol. 22 No. 1/4 (2013)
- Jarosław Kurek, Joanna Aleksiejuk-Gawron, Izabella Antoniuk, Jarosław Górski, Albina Jegorowa, Michał Kruk, Arkadiusz Orłowski, Jakub Pach, Bartosz Świderski, Grzegorz Wieczorek, Data augmentation techniques for transfer learning improvement in drill wear classification using convolutional neural network , Machine Graphics and Vision: Vol. 28 No. 1/4 (2019)
- Izabella Antoniuk, Artur Krupa, Radosław Roszczyk, Normal Patch Retinex robust algorithm for white balancing in digital microscopy , Machine Graphics and Vision: Vol. 29 No. 1/4 (2020)
- Jarosław Kurek, Joanna Aleksiejuk-Gawron, Izabella Antoniuk, Jarosław Górski, Albina Jegorowa, Michał Kruk, Arkadiusz Orłowski, Jakub Pach, Bartosz Świderski, Grzegorz Wieczorek, Classifiers ensemble of transfer learning for improved drill wear classification using convolutional neural network , Machine Graphics and Vision: Vol. 28 No. 1/4 (2019)
- Jakub Pach, Izabella Antoniuk, Leszek Chmielewski, Jarosław Górski, Michał Kruk, Jarosław Kurek, Arkadiusz Orłowski, Katarzyna Śmietańska, Bartosz Świderski, Grzegorz Wieczorek, Textural features based on run length encoding in the classification of furniture surfaces with the orange skin defect , Machine Graphics and Vision: Vol. 28 No. 1/4 (2019)
- Grzegorz Wieczorek, Izabella Antoniuk, Michał Kruk, Jarosław Kurek, Arkadiusz Orłowski, Jakub Pach, Bartosz Świderski, BCT Boost Segmentation with U-net in TensorFlow , Machine Graphics and Vision: Vol. 28 No. 1/4 (2019)
- Jakub Pach, Piotr Bilski, Robust method for the text line detection and splitting of overlapping text in the Latin manuscripts , Machine Graphics and Vision: Vol. 23 No. 3/4 (2014)
- Maciej Janowicz, Joanna Kaleta, Arkadiusz Orłowski, Piotr Wrzeciono, Andrzej Zembrzuski, Visualization of nonlocality in coupled map lattices , Machine Graphics and Vision: Vol. 25 No. 1/4 (2016)